24.5.08

JEAN DANIEL CADINOT

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
.
My final bow
Wednesday 23 April 2008
Dear friends, critics and others,
If you're reading these words I will have put down my camera, switched off the lights, drawn the curtains and taken my final bow. May all the efforts and work of a whole life, the quest for the moment of pure truth in the sublime communion of two beings under the spell of the undefinable desire for the other, inspire those who inherit my heart.
The human being is made such that it only remembers the good and the beautiful, therefore I leave you with a free mind and a head overflowing with a myriad of young men, sometimes strong and vigorous, sometimes fragile and sensitive. All of them gave me these unforgettable moments of their most tender intimacy, moments that only a few really know but which I made in to images to allow you to admire them over and over again.
Never were success or personal fortune my creed. You offered me gratitude, and I thank you for that because I wanted nothing else. Cadinot salutes you. Remember a kindly fellow, an extreme observer given to rages and contradiction but who listened to others and was full of love.
"An erect phallus is a symbol of life, a cross a symbol of death."
Jean Daniel Cadinot, photographer and film-maker, passed away on the 23rd of April aged 64 following a heart attack.
(Αναδημοσίευση από το προσωπικό ιστολόγιο του J.D. Cadinot)

2 σχόλια:

George Tsitiridis είπε...

ax paei kai aftos..
ekpliktikes oi tsondes tou ..

cobden είπε...

Δεν το ήξερα ότι πέθανε!Ειδικα οι '80s ταινίες του ήταν πολύ καλές!Κρίμα