7.12.09

Ο ΠΙΕΡ ΠΑΟΛΟ ΠΑΖΟΛΙΝΙ ΕΜΠΝΕΕΙ ΤΟΝ ANTONIO MARRAS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pier Paolo Pasolini
.
Designer Antonio Marras has imbued his debut Kenzo Homme collection, for autumn/winter 2009, with the kind of passion for detail and integrity that permeates the controversial work of Pier Paolo Pasolini. The designer has a long-held admiration for the late director and writer, murdered in the mid 70’s, allegedly by a teenage hustler.
"I became aware of Pier Paolo Pasolini as a teenager. Those years were very dark and difficult for me. I felt different, like an outsider, and was naturally attracted to Pasolini. His works were all about rebellion and standing alone against normality. He was an artist, poet, writer, movie director, journalist and intellectual; a visionary who had ideas far ahead of his time. He fought against the hypocrisy of society and his stupid clichés and rules.
As a teenager, I used to read his poems and novels over and over, as well as his articles for Il Corriere della Sera that were collected and published in the book Scritti Corsari. His writings are difficult to understand and often quoted without actually been read.
I love all he did-especially his films, which are, in my opinion, his greatest achievement and a huge source of inspiration. The gospel according to Saint Matthew is my favorite; a masterwork of photography the greatest story ever told seen through his controversial and outsider’s eye.
I love Pasolini as a person. I admire his coherence and honesty, the brave way he stood beyond the common prudery of Italy. I love his style his sophisticated taste. He had this kind of nonchalant elegance –as if he didn’t really care-that made him a real life dandy. The biggest hits of his wardrobe are his by bi color shoes, his immaculate white shirts and his waistcoat worn with a red vivid scarf. Not to mention the raincoat and the black thick Ray Ban glasses. He did have an eye for fashion-his accurate choices in terms of costumes for his films prove his sense for style and detail. In his novels too, he wrote long paragraphs describing the outfits of the characters.
I admire immensely his way of translating art and paintings into moving images. He never made explicit references in particular paintings but he could recreate their atmosphere in an amazing modern way. For instance when filming Accatone, Pasolini declared the Masaccio’s work had determined the way he filmed some of the actors faces. I have always tried to work the same way.
Pasolini is not a recent discovery for me-more of a love that has grown with time and never disappointed me. In my mind, he is the ultimate romantic hero who had to pay for his idea and his honesty with his lifer."

Interview James Anderson, AnOtherMan, issue 9, Autumn-winter 2009.
.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Antonio Marras

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: