28.12.15

ΟΙ ΟΜΟΦΥΛΟΦΙΛΟΙ ΣΤΗ ΜΟΛΔΑΒΙΑ

“Because I Live Here!: Snapshots of Gay Lives in Moldova
itgetsbetter.org

Nicu (18) &  Igor (21) 
We often walk our dog, Lada, in one of the city parks. There, we gaze at the beauty of spring flowers, savor the time and happiness of being together.
It's important for as many people around us as possible to know about LGBT lives, because by learning about our everyday lives, they will realize that LGBT people are just like them. They have an ordinary life full of love and happiness. There's nothing unusual in it. Because we live here, we want our life to be easier; we want to be accepted the way we are and not be judged. If it is going to be good, in ten years we think we would like to be still living here and be happy together, and to have a family that is accepted by society.

Pavel (22) 
I'm studying at the Academy of Music, Theatre, and Fine Arts. Beside studying, I teach at a good manners club. I'm not pretending to be a teacher, but rather I try to help students discover and develop the aesthetics of speaking and thinking within them. The diction and logic of speech have never been more interesting for me that they are now - I am continuously challenged to grow and find new things, even when I believe the information has been exhausted. I am not a teacher for them, I am a friend.
It would be great if we all found out more about life, the soul, and love - be it heterosexuals, lesbians, gays, bisexuals, or trangender people. Because I live here, I encounter no problems from anywhere else. I hope that in ten years I will still see myself in Moldova, where I would return after each journey from any corner in the world. 

Andrei (24)
I am a bartender. I find my job quite interesting. Although I have a rather small working space, I am constantly on the move. I cannot imagine myself working in an office - it's too boring. I'm constantly engaged in communicaiton with my co-workers and clients. Occassionally, funny incidents happen at work, too.
It is important for LGBT people to be more visible in society because visibility leads to the destruction of stereotypes. I live here and that's why I am a free person. What is going to happen in ten years? I do not make plans for such long periods of time, because life can change at any moment. This is why I try to live every moment to the fullest. This is the way I am.

Artiom (28)
I come from Balti, but I've been living in Chisinau for nine years. About once a month I visit my mother who has spent her entire life in the 'northern capital' of Moldova. She turned 67 in March, and taking advantage of the occasion, I decided to introduce her to my boyfriend, Daniel. It was fun watching their communication,  because Daniel can't speak Russian and my mum doesn't know English. However, they still managed to find a common language, which made me extremely happy.
My life isn't that different from the life of others in Moldova: I also go to work, pay the same taxes, and I strive to not break the law. The only difference is that, unlike the heterosexual majority, I have to fight for the right to be myself and not to be subjected to verbal and physical violence every day. I was born in Moldova and I live in Moldova. I am a citizen of this country, and this is exactly why the state must guarantee that all my rights are respected. I don't know where I will end up in ten years, but wherever I go and whatever I do, I hope there will be less hatred and violence around me.

Tolik (29)

I can cook and love cooking, but I am far from being as good as my mother. I like spoiling myself with pastries from time to time, for example, with an egg and mushroom roll.
It is important for as many people around as possible to know about LGBT lives becasue we are the same human beings as everyone else. I live here, and this is exactly why I want everyone else to perceive me the way I am. I think that in ten years I will live where I live now - in my Tiraspol bear den with a bear next to me.

Oleg (39)
I am a reserve officer. Currently I do sanitation engineering. A plumber is like a doctor, because they come in the most difficult moment. Generally speaking, I've had four occupations in my life: I am a radio mechanic engineer, a sapper (an engineer in the military), a cook, and an electric welder. I bring up an adopted son of my own, whom I am extremely proud of. I want to continue living in my home country even in ten years. I would like to travel across a couple countries, put my son on his feet, and to babysit grandchildren.
We are not different from others. We are the same human beings. I live here. I am my country's citizen, and that's why I don't want us all to be divided by any characteristics or to be told what to do. 

Alexandr (65) 
I go to the market every week. I walk with a cane because i have some back problems. I take a stroller bag and off I go shopping. I am a pensioner. The pension is never enough for living, so I have to rent out rooms in my apartment to students. Neighbors always wonder why I live alone and why I don't get married to a woman. They gossip a lot. I have a son, but he doesn't live in Moldova.
When there is more reliable information about the LGBT lives in society, the level of acceptance will increase, and people won't be afraid of one another. I was born here and I live here. I want the pensioners to not live in poverty anymore and to sleep well at night. In ten years I see myself only in Moldova. I am 65; in ten years I will be 75. Will I still be alive? If only there was no war, if only it were all quiet!


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: