7.9.07

ΤΡΙΑ ΠΟΙΗΜΑΤΑ ΤΟΥ ΒΙΚΡΑΜ ΣΕΘ

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I don't particularly like talking about these matters myself. I am a private person and I don't feel my friends' lives and my own should be part of the public's right to know. But in a case like this where so much is at stake, where the happiness, at a conservative estimate, of 50 million people (in India) and their right not to be fearful or lonely and to be with the people whom they love is at issue, and the happiness of their families as well, then it really is incumbent on us to speak out
Vikram Seth
(India, 1952- )
.
Dubious
Some men like Jack and some like Jill
I'm glad I like them both but still
I wonder if this freewheeling
Really is an enlightened thing,
Or is its greater scope a sign
Of deviance from some party line?
In the strict ranks of Gay and Straight
What is my status: Stray? Or Great?

Unclaimed
To make love to a stranger is the best.
There is no riddle and there is no test -
To lie and love, not aching to make sense
Of this night in the mesh of reference.
To touch, unclaimed by fear of imminent day,
And understand, as only strangers may.
To feel the beat of foreign heart to heart
Preferring neither to prolong nor part.
To rest within the unknown arms and know
That this is all there is; that this is so
.
All You Who Sleep Tonight
All you who sleep tonight
Far from the ones you love,
No hand to left or right,
And emptiness above -
Know that you aren't alone.
The whole world shares your tears,
Some for two nights or one,
And some for all their years.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: